27 March 2011

5 days

I can't believe there are only 5 days left until swearing-in. These 10 weeks have been both fast and slow at the same time. I feel like I've been here forever but yet it seems like I shouldn't be done with training yet. Sin embargo, I definitely think that I'm ready to get to work and get these two years started!

Right now I'm sitting at Terry's Dinner in Jinotepe using the free wifi and natalie's computer to write this. Yesterday I bought my first pair of Nica jeans. Don't worry they're not as skin tight as they could be. However, today is blazing hot and definitely not conducive to dark jeans wearing.

I had my final language interview on Wednesday and my interviewer told me that she thinks I'm intermediate-mid which is the requirement for swearing-in. Assuming she is right, I won't have to stay for an extra week of language classes. My last night in Santa Teresa will be Wednesday, and supposedly I'll be having a despedida with my fam. Actually I'll just give an outline of my week:

Today/Sunday = chilling in Jinotepe, movie with my Santa Teresa chicas, movie with the fam.
Monday = full day of HIV related sessions in Managua (starting at 7:45 which means I have to leave my house no later than 6)
Tuesday = shorter day of sessions in Masaya including final training evaluations
Wednesday = another full day of sessions in Managua including handbook review and finances breakdown
Thursday = moving out of Santa Teresa in the A.M. and heading to Managua.
= Embassy Visit!!!!
Friday = Swearing In + several parties/picnics to celebrate including visit to the country director's house
Saturday = hanging out in Managua and probably heading to Rio San Juan
Sunday = heading to and possibly arriving in Rio San Juan
Monday = The Real Journey Begins!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm sending my first memory card home sometime this week, so you can start bugging my parents for pictures within the next month. I'll warn you now that I haven't taken a lot, but that will change once I get in site and feel comfortable carting my camera around.

Cheers and Paz
-Shona-

No comments:

Post a Comment