01 February 2011

oh facebook

I would've actually had time to post today but facebook was just so distracting. Life in Nica has been pretty much the same every day except for all the concerts last week and fiestas on the weekend. Im getting a lot busier with preparing charlas, surveys, etc. I thought that when I was busier I would think of home less, but its actually the opposite. I really just want a cheeseburger, mac and cheese, and a nap on jareds couch while watching a netflix movie. I guess my life in the states was busy but in a different way. My down time there was spent just relaxing, but here even my relaxing requires thinking (to understand the television, talk with my family, and be careful how im perceived simply just walking down the street). Right now im preparing my first charla to give in the centro de salud next tuesday. Ill be a ten minute somewhat interactive presentation on oral hygiene focusing on hygiene for pregnant mothers and infants. Ive gotta go research some more. Hopefully Ill get to post a longer update soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, facebook has a tendency to do that sometimes :) I'm sorry you're homesick, but at least you have things like facebook to stay in the loop (at least once in a while). I'm sure it's still hard though! Hopefully as life/talking/thinking gets easier, you'll miss home less. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete